The Ultimate Sled Dog Experience!
The Cairngorm Sleddog Adventure Centre is the only one of its kind in the UK and is set within the panaoramic views of the Cairngorm Mountains. This is your chance to experience 2 to 3 hrs filled with the excitement and thrill of handling a team of dedicated sled dogs.
You'll learn how these amazing animals are trained, and prepared for racing, before seeing first hand the equipment and history of the sport in the centre's museum.
The owners of the Sleddog Centre, Alan and Fiona Stewart are both past Scottish Champions and Alan has been runner-up twice in the UK championships.
Alan has raced competitively in South America & Europe including the Alpen Trail which lasts 2 weeks and covers 350km! Their son John has competed in the European Championships held in Norway with the centre's own race team as well as having spent 6 months with the 3 times world champion in Alaska working, training and racing every day.
The Sled Dog Centre and their trusty hounds formed a major part of the BBC "Serious Arctic" where sixteen finalists competed to be selected for a serious trip to the Arctic!
What happens on the day?
- Meet the lead dogs in an open area close to the kennel.
- There will be lots of hands on with the dogs (30 in total)
- You help prepare them for a training run and accompany Alan and 12 dogs in the forest for almost an hour. The rest of the time will be spent seeing the equipment and museum. Make sure you have your camera handy
- Enjoy seeing how the young dogs start training and the special bonding starts with Alan and his K9 athlete's who he has known and worked with daily from birth
- Evening trips are available with a wee nip of malt whisky on offer and the chance of a glimpse of the wildlife all around!
PLEASE CONTACT THE OWNERS ALAN AND FIONA STEWART WHO WILL BE RUNNING THE COURSE DIRECT ON MOBILE 07767270526 and QUOTE "SNOWSPORT HIGHLAND "