Snowsport Highland Ski School - Travelpage
Travel & Insurance Links
We hope you find this page useful whilst planning your trip to the Scottish Ski Resorts (click here for the ski resorts location map) whether by Car, Rail, Air or Coach. Instant Quotes for cheap Travel Insurance and Airport Parking and Car Hire from Arnold Clark ! (Ensure the travel insurance you choose satisfies your needs).
Arnold Clark Car & Van Rental is part of the Arnold Clark Group, which is Europe's largest independent car retailer, formed in 1954. Boasting 34 branches nationwide, with coverage of all major Scottish airports, towns and cities, Arnold Clark Rental is the largest Scottish rental company.
Car hire from Arnold Clark includes:
- All-inclusive hire with fully comprehensive insurance as standard.
- An extensive vehicle range including estates, people carriers and automatics.
- One-way rentals where you can collect from one location and return to another. (Additional one-way charges may apply).
- Additional Services including Satellite Navigation systems and child car seats available for hire from only £1 per day
- Local pick-up from hotels, train stations and city-centre locations.
Travel Insurance & Airport Parking!
Great Value Travel Insurance & Airport Parking from Snowsport Highland Ski School in association with ESSENTIAL TRAVEL . The easiest way to book your travel insurance and/or airport parking online!
- It's NEVER too late to book - Book now with immediate confirmation via email and directions to the car park.
- Secure Booking process - Online system uses the latest 128 bit encryption - accept all major credit and debit cards.
- FREE Transfers - All car parks operate a free transfer service to the airport, 24 hours a day.
- Booking parking in advance can save you up to 35% compared to the normal turn up parking charge.
- Great Choice - Compare prices and select the car park to suit your needs.
- Featured airports - Book airport parking at 25 major UK airports.
- Book online for HUGE SAVINGS and instant confirmation!
Our customers are entitled to take advantage of any of the offers that are available on the Scotrail Caledonian Sleeper Services operating between London Euston and Glasgow Central, Edinburgh Waverley, Fort William, Aberdeen, Inverness and Aviemore. The earlier you book, the more likely you will be able to access these offers and you should book directly with Scotrail at; www.scotrail.co.uk
For GLENSHEE customers should travel on to Perth (north of Edinburgh) and continue on to their accommodation by car taking advantage of our 10% Discount on Car Hire.
All train services in the UK can be booked online at www.thetrainline.com further information on fares & times you can also contact National Rail Enquiries on 08457 484950 08457 484950. www.virgintrains.co.uk - www.gner.co.uk
Public Transport to Nevis Range:
STAGECOACH offers a reliable regular service from Fort William DIRECT to Nevis Range all year round (except Christmas and New Year period). The no 41 bus leaves from Morrisons Supermarket in Fort William town centre as early as 0725hrs taking around 15 mins to Nevis Range. For clients staying at the Ben Nevis Hotel the bus stop is located only 200yards away at "Argos."
For an up to date timetable click here search Fort William, Route 41 or call Stagecoach on 01397 702373 to speak with an operator.
There are also many local taxi operators, most fares should cost approximately £12 to £15 from the Fort William area.
Car hire in Fort William www.easydrivescotland.co.uk
For GLENSHEE fly to Edinburgh, take advantage of our 10% discount on Car Hire and drive to your accommodation.
For NEVIS RANGE should fly to Inverness or Glasgow airport and continue on to their accommodation by car taking advantage of our 10% Discount on Car Hire.
DISTANCE FROM AIRPORTS TO RESORTS;
- NEVIS RANGE : The nearest regional airport is at Inverness (68 miles approx 1.5hrs).
- Glasgow Airport (110 miles approx 2hrs) is the most convenient for international flights.
- GLENSHEE : The nearest regional airport is at Aberdeen (72 miles approx 1.5hrs)
- Edinburgh Airport (75 miles, approx 1.5hrs) is the most convenient for international flights.
Discounted Car hire is available at these airports through Snowsport Highland Ski School.
Please try the following airlines for further details on flights & online bookings which may offer discounts:
National Express operate one morning service and one overnight service to Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Dundee & Aberdeen. Silver Choice Travel also have morning & overnight departures. Please check out the websites below for up to date information on the range of coach services offered.
For GLENSHEE a local taxi firm will collect from accommodation and transport to and from Glenshee ski resort.
They have a vehicle to accommodate 8 people plus your skis boots and poles.
Contact Zac's Taxis for a quote: Sandie Murdoch 01828 633132.
GLENSHEE SKI BUS: New service running on Saturday and Sundays from Edinburgh. £45 for return travel and Glenshee Day Ticket. See www.scotskibus.com or to book a seat go to EventBrite. Departs Edinburgh's Regent Road at 6am. PLEASE CHECK CURRENT PRICES AND TIMES BEFORE BOOKING.
Please note information is correct at time of writing but customers should always check direct before booking services.
Last updated AUGUST 2013